- This has also been referred to as a focal or rollover feeding.
- Wake your baby between 10:00 pm – 12:00 am for a feed before you and your spouse go to bed.
- Pick them up & nurse or bottle feed – then put them right back down to sleep.
- This will help control a feeding time so that hopefully your baby will take their one long stretch after that time and allow both you and your baby to have a good stretch of sleep.
- Keep in mind that this only works for 50% of babies. The circadian rhythm typically drives for the deepest and longest stretch at the beginning of the night starting at bedtime.
- If you find that doing the dream feed adds another waking and feeding after 3 days then stop the feed and allow your baby to take their longest stretch at beginning of the night.
Posted in: Gentle Sleep Strategies